Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 23, 2020

A Week In Review

 As all weeks seem to do, this past one flew by. I am now officially working from home permanently and I really like it. As our office only has 9 employees, all but me have worked from home since April and I only work two days a week, our building has become a ghost town. The building lease is up next month and the corporate office decided to permanently close our physical location. Almost all of the staff at offices all over the US, Europe and Australia are working from home, and have been for the best part of 2020. Our company has found that productivity has not suffered in the least, employees are happy, and travel expenses are almost non-existent since very little in person contact is taking place. I am really enjoying the experience of working from home.


My "office" is set up in my sewing room.

I am knitting another pair of socks, I just love the colors. The yarn is by Yarn Bee and called Cozy Toes and the color is Fierce Flame, I found it at Hobby Lobby. 


While visiting my parents in June my Mom gave me this cute little bag she made several years ago. She thought one of the granddaughters would like it. I looked at the cute bag and thought how perfect it would be for small knitting projects, and it has become my sock knitting bag. Sorry granddaughters :).

I am busy hand quilting the wildcat quilt.  My Mom gave me the 7 wildcat blocks she made some time ago and then not knowing what to do with them she put them aside. I played around with the blocks and decided on the colors I wanted to use with them, made 2 more blocks in a similar style to the wildcat blocks, sashed everything together, added a border and binding and like the end result. I have a couple more blocks to quilt and I need to figure out how I want to quilt the sashing, then the project will be complete.


Earlier in the week my dear husband brought me a dozen red roses for no reason at all, isn't that the best reason to get beautiful flowers. 


We continue to get melons from the garden, the watermelons are small but mighty good. So juicy, so sweet, so delicious! I have enjoyed a lot of melon this week. Earlier in the week I made my usual vegan bowl of goodness for lunch, I thought it looked especially pretty with the dark green of the kale, the vibrant orange of the sweet potato, and the deep, deep red of the beets. I like to mix my cooked lentils and diced tomatoes together with some nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, tumeric, lemon pepper salt, and lime juice, then I add all of my steamed veggies mix it up bit and enjoy.




Yesterday we finished up the week with a wedding, Dave's nephew Alan married his bride Stephanie. We went to the marriage ceremony, held at the County Court House, but due to Covid decided we would not attend the reception. When we returned home Dave went upstairs to change his clothes, he only changed his dress pants for a pair of shorts. I laughed when he walked into the kitchen, I told him he really looked like an old man with that kind of dress sense, LOL. 


Earlier in the week a friend messaged me with questions about canning food and what kind of canner should she buy, we message back and forth for a bit and then I remembered my Ball Blue Canning Book. I took a picture of the book and recommended that she purchase a copy, it is very inexpensive, I think I paid $4 for mine, but that was a good number of years ago. If you are new to canning, the book gives very good step by step directions to get you going, and if you are an experienced canner there are recipes for pretty much anything you could ever imagine canning.



Well that is a little bit about my past week, I hope you had a good week too.

Bean

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

Hi Bean,
...it's so nice you get to work from home...I love your colourful socks...and I have that same Ball canning book...
~Have a lovely day!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I think working at home is awesome! Great week you have had!