Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Quilting Anyone?


On Monday evenings I go to hand quilt for 3 hours with several ladies, we are making quilts for MCC Relief Sale in September were all of the quilts will be auctioned to benefit MCC. All over the state groups of ladies come together to hand quilt these beautiful items, they truly are a labor of love. There are so many benefits to this activity, most of the ladies I quilt with are much older than I am, one is 91, most are in their 70's, and all come out to work on this worthwhile project, and while giving of their time and talent, they receive good fellowship, and a goodwill feeling of a job well done. I find these ladies admirable, almost all volunteer in a thrift shop whose sales benefit MCC, some participate in other quilting projects, and all are active in their church community, and all are very generous with their time and talents. I really enjoy my Monday evening fellowship with these ladies, we younger folk could learn an awful lot from the older people in our communites.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh how fun! I love quilting, but I've never quilted with a group like that - not too many of my friends quilt. I'm sure you share many wonderful conversations around the quilting frame!