Total Pageviews

Friday, July 10, 2020

My Beautiful Sister

On June 25, 2020 my youngest sister, Marika, died, she was only forty-eight. It still seems very unreal, she was always so full of life, so busy, always on an adventure, she was generous, she was loving, she was funny, she was happy, she was a mom, a wife, a daughter, a sister, an aunt, and she was loved by all of us.

My sister, I believe, knew that she was not going to have a long life, and she lived her life making the most of each and every day she was given. In the past three years she wrote a book, started a dog rescue after adopting her best friend Stella, Incredibull Stella, took ballroom dancing lessons, she and her family were on an episode of a house hunter type program on HGTV, she was responsible for rescuing countless dogs, fostering dogs, and re-homing dogs. My sister has inspired so many people, touched so many lives, human and doggy, and has left her mark on the world.

How we wish cancer had never entered her life and how we wish she was still here with us. 

May my dear sister rest in peace.

Marika


January 29, 1972 - June 25, 2020

1972

High School Graduation

Marika with Stella

Available on Amazon

Marika with her husband Brian and daughters Carly and Caitie

From left to right, my sister Michelle, me, and Marika

Marika 1974ish

3 comments:

greta said...

i am so very sorry for your loss. deepest sympathy and prayers for you and all your family. may your find peace and healing in your memories.

affectioknit said...

oh Bean...I am so sorry for your loss...what a sweet story about your sister...and all the photos...

~Peace be with you and your family...

Lynda said...

So sorry for your loss Bean. Sending love and prayers... xx