Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

A Quilting Project I Have Wanted To Do For A Long Time


Many years ago I borrowed a bunch of quilting books from the library, one I particularly liked, and borrowed it numerous times just to enjoy the pictures of the quilts. nOe quilt I absolutely loved and knew that I wanted to make it, but the time never seemed right to do so. Because I borrowed the book frequently from the library I ended up purchasing my own copy about ten years ago. 



This past Saturday I took the book out and looked at my favorite quilt pattern again and decided to go for it. I took a few pictures with my phone so I could review colors and know how much of each color to purchase and off I went to Joann Fabrics. 


 

Sometimes it seems the stars are in alignment, I found exactly the colors I wanted for the quilt and after spending some time waiting in line at the cutting table, then waiting in line at the check out, I was home with fabric for the quilt I have always dreamed of making. 




Today I will begin to cut the fabric for the blocks and I am excited to begin the assembly process, this quilt will be a joy to work on. I hope my husband doesn't feel abandoned if it begins to seem that I never leave my sewing room.

My long-suffering hubby :)

Grandchild update:

I love this picture of our son Matt with his daughter Alivia and nephew Masen


And, five of our grandsons in their new masks. I made the masks in Florida with my Mom, but waited until I got home to put the elastic on. Each mask is made from left over fabric from shirts that Mom has made for Dad. Little grandson Ralph was quite adamant that he did NOT want a mask.

No comments: