Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

My Elephant, Magnus the Magnificent

In August my husband and I attended a party and met Mike the Artist. Mike does wood carving, once a piece is carved he paints it with acrylic paint. I asked if he would carve and paint an elephant for me, he said he would, and so began the creation of Magnus the Magnificent! 
First I chose a sketch of the elephant I liked best
Magnus begins to take shape

Magnus coming along nicely

First of many coats of black paint.

Carving process finished



A finished Magnus the Magnificent!

Magnus stands guard over my display of bits and bobs.

4 comments:

affectioknit said...

WOW! that's impressive!
~Have a lovely day!

Bean said...

Thank you:)

Pen Wilcock said...

Oh my goodness — how fab is that?! I love him!

Bean said...

I am really pleased with him. I love elephants, have earrings, a ring, necklaces with elephants. My mother loves elephants too, she made me a lovely quilt square with an elephant on it, she copied it from an elephant on a purse I have.

We are a little elephant crazy.

Bean