Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Dinners Ready and a couple of recipes.



Last night Dave and I had a very pleasant dinner together. I made Dave Italian sausage and I fried it up with some sliced Yukon Gold potatoes, green peppers, and onions from the garden.  I then made a Greek salad, as we have an abundance of cucumber from the garden and tomatoes so this seemed liked a good way to use some of them.  I then made myself a "pizza"  I used Lavash Thin Bread for the crust, it worked very well.
And to top it off we enjoyed a bottle of wine from Armenia made with Pomegranate, it was wonderful.

Here are the recipes:

Greek Salad
2 long cucumbers or 4 short
2 tomatoes
1 cup of black olives
1/2 lb of feta cheese crumbled
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Pinch of parsley 
Pinch of mint
Salt and pepper to taste

Peel and quarter the cucumbers slicing lengthwise, then slice into bite size pieces. Dice the tomatoes. Mix the chopped cucumber, tomato, black olives and feta cheese in a bowl. Pour over olive oil, red wine vinegar, parsley, mint and salt and pepper, toss around a bit and then serve. This is a very refreshing salad and a nice addition to a summertime meal.

Lavash Pizza with Walnut, Leek, Blue Cheese and Tomato

1 Leek
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
1 tomato diced
Blue cheese, crumbled
Pesto sauce
1 piece of Lavash Bread (I used spinach Lavash Bread it has a beautiful green color)

Slice the leek and gently saute in a little olive oil.  Brush the lavash bread with pesto sauce, sprinkle the walnuts and tomato on top, add the sauteed leek, add crumbled blue cheese. 
I put the oven on to heat to 400, when it reached 350 I popped in the pizza and took it out about 6 minutes later. The lavash bread made a perfect crust, it was light and crispy and held the toppings well.  The above ingredients are my most favorite toppings for a pizza.



Greek salad, served in a bowl our oldest son Matt made in high school pottery class.

The Armenian Pomegranate wine, a sweet, bold wine with  an amazing  lingering aftertaste, it went extremely well with the foods prepared for dinner. I will definitely purchase more of this wine!

Dave's dinner cooking up nicely, I added just a little olive oil to the pan  for the vegetables. 

Spinach Lavash Bread - give it a try it is a very good. And don't you just love the color?

YUMMY YUMMY, my finished pizza.

Dinner is served!



4 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Such beautiful food! Thanks for sharing the recipes!

Pen Wilcock said...

That looks really delicious! I'm glad our supper is in the oven cooking, or I'd be feeling jealous right now! x

Rebecca said...

It looks/sounds amazing. Where did you find your bread for pizza crust (if you don't mind telling)....

Bean said...

I got the bread at the Three Rivers Food Co Op on the corner of Sherman and Spring, it is in the cooler across from the deli counter.

Bean