Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Peonies














I don't know about you, but I love peonies, they are a rather old fashioned garden standard, and they know how to put on a show. Unfortunately after blooming a storm will roll in and the heavy rain and wind will leave the poor peonie looking a little worse for wear. Last week we had very wet weather, my peonies were on the cusp of blooming but they waited until the weather improved on Friday and then bloomed. We had beautiful weather all through the weekend, so enjoyed the peonie show, but all good things come to an end and the past two days we have had a lot of rain and the top heavy flowers are now bowed to the ground, but still look radiant. A word of warning regarding peonies - although lovely to look at they are loaded with ants, if you bring them into the house you will bring along a lot of six legged visitors as well!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hello, Bean! Thank you for coming to my blog. I love your peonies, I don't have much luck growing them myself -- I think the little "eyes" don't get enough sunlight. I'll have to try to brownies. I loved the articles on frugality and simplicity.