Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

February Quilt Guild

The second Wednesday of each month is a day I really look forward to as I get to go to Quilt Guild. I have learned so many things since the first meeting I attended in October. The block of the month assigned in January was Spinkys Block, I love seeing how the blocks look different depending on the color choices.


At every guild meeting someone presents a demo. Some demos are very basic, and last maybe ten minutes, and others are very detailed, but all have provided tips and techniques that are helpful. The past two meetings have had very good demos. In January it was tips and tricks for new quilters, I have quilted for many years and walked away with several useful ideas. Last week we had another good demo on how to use Bloc-Loc rulers, they are amazing, and how to use and design borders. It was so interesting. 



This book was passed around during the demo, it had pages and pages of border ideas. I went online to order a copy of the book and found that it is out of print and the only copy I could find was priced at $70, a bit steep for my budget. I checked with the library and it is not a book they have in their collection. I am sure there must be other books out there with border ideas.


 During the business meeting part of quilt guild the ladies talked about their annual field trip, usually taken in June, and it sounds so fun. The field trip will involve stops at various quilt shops and lunch out somewhere. I can't wait to hear what is planned and am looking forward to a fun day out with a bunch of super nice ladies.


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Hi Bean,
...those borders do look pretty...and that's an expensive book for sure...sometimes I find patterns just by searching images on the web too...because sometimes people post them to their blog or pinterest...etc...the field trip sounds fun!
~Have a lovely day!