Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

And Now For Some Sewing.....


Lately I have been in the mood to do some sewing. Several weeks ago I made myself a new three tiered skirt. I did not purchase a pattern to make the skirt instead I took measurement from another three tiered skirt I purchased at the Goodwill a number of years ago.

Today Alivia and I went to JoAnne Fabrics, I have been wanting to make a vest but first needed a pattern. I looked through a bunch of pattern books before opting for Butterick B5359. I wanted a vest that was long as I think it will be nice with a skirt and dress up a t-shirt. I am going to make the green vest in the picture but in a pinstriped gray/brown linen, I think the neutral color will allow me to make good use of the vest.

Next we went off to look at plaid flannel so I can run up a new work shirt for my husband, the picture makes the colors look red and blue, but it is actually orange, brown and blue, I picked out blue buttons.

I am knitting Alivia a sweater, I am not keen on the yellow v-neck collar and will interchange the pattern with another in the book to get a crew neck instead.  With the crew neck I will position the sunshine higher up.

Last month I finished knitting myself a bag, it is lined with a cotton print material making it very functional, it is in use daily.


Soon to be Dave's new shirt
Soon to be my new vest

Alivia's soon to be spring sweater
My finished bag

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Hi Bean - You're certainly keeping busy!!

I'm feeling the urge to do some sewing too. I want to make a jumper/pinafore. I will take a pattern off one I already have. I also want to make some more skirts. I like flannelette for winter and use a dropped waist pattern.

Happy sewing!!