Total Pageviews

Monday, September 2, 2013

A Soul Comforting Blog Post

I can't begin to tell you how much this post spoke to me, over at Living on Less Money

We have had a rough week, the simple out patient surgery my husband had last Monday to mend a hernia ended up with complications requiring a trip to the emergency room and a 3 day stay in the hospital!!  While Dave was still in the hospital our youngest daughter, Emily, had a doctors appointment for her first ultrasound, she was so excited because they were going to get the first glimpse of the new baby and see the heart beat if it still could not be heard. The technician located the baby, then left the room to get the doctor, the baby had died. Emily was extremely upset, as we all are. On Friday morning I felt that I could bear no more, and I simply did not know what to do for Emily other than give her and her boyfriend a hug and then give them space to cope. And of course, pray for them, and pray for the little baby.

Last night I awoke around two in the morning and felt a bit stressed, I started worrying about just how long my husband will be unable to work, will he have a hard time regaining his strength for the physical demands of his job, when will the medical bills start arriving, how are we going to manage, well you can imagine my mind was in a bit of whirl. So, I ended up online, saw that Georgene had a new post, read it and it WAS EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED TO READ!!! I stopped stressing, made myself a mug of hot milk and went back to bed, and slept soundly until seven-thirty this morning. Thank you Georgene for your words of wisdom, they are truly God inspired.

Please keep our family in your prayers.

Thank you,

Bean

6 comments:

A Woman that Fears the Lord said...

I'm so sorry that your husband had complications with his procedure. I had prayed and prayed for you guys so I'm thankful to know how things are going.

Praise God that He helped you through this rough time. I remember when my husband had a heart attack over 16 years ago. The future did not look good. Long story but the bottom line was that God showed Himself strong and took very good care of us.

I'm confident He will care for you, too.

Rebecca said...

Oh, my! I'm definitely praying for your family - and for you.

(I spent the first part of the week in the hospital with my mother. A severe kidney infection. Since she has dementia, they didn't catch it in time. She ended up hallucinating, etc.)

odiie said...

I am so sorry for Emily and your family. What a hard thing to go through. I pray the Lord will give you peace and rest in His arms. He will bring comfort to Emily in a way that is very real. Also, prayers for a rapid and complete healing for your honey.

I'm going to read the post that you recommended, now. Finances are what are stealing my peace right now. I can very much relate.

Love in Christ,
Rhonda

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Loving prayers and huggles for all of you.

Bean said...

Thank you Ladies,

Bean

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I'll be praying! That must have been very scary!