Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A Pleasant Day

We are still enjoying very mild weather, sunshine, puffy clouds, a pleasant breeze, simply delightful. Today I needed to get many things accomplished, and although I still have a few things to do yet, most are finished.

Yesterday evening we did the first pick on our strawberry patch and were rewarded with seven pounds of scrumptious berries.  While picking in the middle of the strawberry patch I noticed a squirming little mass a few feet from me, YIKES, I thought at first it was mice and let out a very undignified shriek, upon further investigation it turned out to be four baby bunnies, how sweet!




Well seven pounds of strawberries is a lot of berries so today I had to get busy and do something with them, I made four pints of strawberry jam and four pints of strawberry-rhubarb jam.  I then made enough pastry to make a strawberry-rhubarb pie and quiche for dinner. It always seems that I end up with a little leftover pastry, today I used it to make jam tarts since I had a little left over jam after filling my jam jars earlier. Amber, Henry, Patrick, Emily and me all enjoyed the jam tarts very much.



























On May 26 little Charlie celebrated his first birthday, he officially turned one on the 27th. We had yet another beautiful day and enjoyed a cook out at our daughter Amber and son-in-law Brad's  home. Charlie enjoyed his birthday cake out on the deck, and we enjoyed watching him get himself covered in frosting. Isn't his little shirt cute, Amber made it for him. Charlie is such a sweetie.


This past Monday baby Alivia turned 7 months old! I am not sure where the time has gone, all of our little grandbabies are growing up. Isn't she a cutie? She was enjoying a graham cracker when we took the picture.
 



And isn't this potato cute? We thought it was just ducky :)













No comments: