Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Frugal Quilt






This was a fun project. After purchasing a denim Disney jumper from the thrift store for $2.50, and deciding it was not me, I wondered what I could do with it. I cut off the 14 buttons and put them away for a future project. I then cut the jumper into 5 1/2" squares, making sure that the embroidery of Winnie the Pooh and Piglet were included in two of the squares. I had some left over white flannel which I used to make the contrasting blocks, and when I ran out of white I used a little bit of left over yellow flannel. I had to purchase batting, and 2 yards of flannel for the back of the quilt. The finished block size is 5 inches, making the quilt 45" x 45". My grandson Henry enjoys snuggling in this quilt.

1 comment:

LondonEye said...

That's very nice - simple, unfussy and unique - you are a quilting machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!